With a new Congress and Administration hostile to secular and humanist values, it is more important than ever before that our communities get involved in political advocacy. As our lobbyists and political voice in Washington, Secular Coalition for America is committed to making sure the American Ethical Union and its Societies have a voice in Washington. To make an even bigger impact, however, we must get engaged in DC.
5 ways your Ethical Society can get involved with Secular Coalition for America:
1) Promote Action Alerts. Forward SCA Action Alerts to your mailing list.
2) Sign up as an endorsing organization. While the American Ethical Union is a voting member organization of the Secular Coalition for America, you can also affiliate with SCA independently at the local level by signing up your Ethical Society as an endorsing organization. Endorsing organizations receive exclusive updates, action opportunities, and access to webinar trainings to help you empower your members to become effective advocates for ethical humanist values in your community. Learn more about becoming an endorsing organization at FAQ here.
3) Help grow our Rapid Response Network. SCA is building teams of activists across the country, with the goal of covering all 435 congressional districts. Encourage your members to represent their congressional district by joining Rapid Response Team here.
4) Register for our upcoming webinar. Hone your members’ skills by participating in SCA webinar training series. First webinar topic will be the basics of lobbying for 501(c)(3) nonprofits. The training will be led by Natalie Ossenfort, Director of the Alliance for Justice Texas office, and will take place at 2pm Eastern Time. RSVP here.
5) Host a legislator at your Ethical Society. Help SCA help you bring visibility to your community and build a relationship with the legislators who represent you. To find out more about arranging a visit, contact Sarah Levin, Senior Legislative Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-199-1091 ext 202.